- Connect your headphones or earbuds.
- Go to a very quiet room to do your calibration.
- Your device volume should be set between 50% and 60% and remain set at that exact level during your calibration and during the activation of Threshold Sound Conditioning™.
- Move the sliders up until you can hear the sounds well, then down until you can barely hear the sound being transmitted. It should be so faint that it’s almost undetectable. Make sure the sliders don’t move when you lift your fingers.
- Do this for each lever/fader on each ear.
- Click “TSC”. You may now hear a very faint audible tone.
- Use Threshold Sound Conditioning™ (TSC) for one hour a day for best results. This is your hearing therapy.
- Be consistent- Keep your hardware volume the same for both you calibration and therapy.
- Over time, the faint audible sound will become louder, indicating that your hearing is getting better. When this happens it’s time to recalibrate.
- We recommend a minimum of 14 days of consistent use and to continue using the app to better protect, maintain and strengthen your hearing.
(Optional) Listen to Music During Therapy
- You can connect to supported services and/or your on device media to play your favorite music over the audible tone.
- Adjust the music volume within in the app on the music player screen. Do not the adjust the hardware volume.
- The feature called Active EQ™ within the music player will adjust the equalizer based on your unique hearing ability. Sounds should be clearer, sharper and warmer without adjusting the volume.
Audio Cardio is a mobile app that aims to protect, maintain and strenghten your hearing using Threshold Sound Conditioning™ with or without your favorite music. The Audio Cardio music player connect and enjoy your favorite services and on device media while you use Threshold Sound Conditioning™.
Hearing loss happens gradually. Most people’s hearing peaks before 25. From there, it is a slow, but steady decline due to various factors, including; work environment, medication, music habits, aging and many others.
Audio Cardio aims to protect, maintain and strengthen your hearing through our patented and clinically proven, Threshold Sound Conditioning™ therapy.
Use Audio Cardio for one hour a day (everyday), consistently. Audio Cardio not only helps strengthen your hearing, but also protects and maintains your hearing levels. It’s like going to the gym for your ears.
- Sign up with your Facebook account:
- Sign in using your existing Facebook credentials. If you have multiple Facebook accounts on your device, you will be prompted to choose one.
- Your Facebook profile picture and bio will be pulled into your Audio Cardio account.
- You can edit your Audio Cardio profile in the app.
- Sign up with your email address:
- Select “Sign Up” on the main screen and enter requested details.
- You will be redirected to the login screen to create your profile.
- If you log out of Audio Cardio, select ‘Log In’ and you will be prompted to enter your email and password again.
Select “Forgot your password?” on the sign in page. Enter your email address and you will receive an email with password recovery instructions.
Audio Cardio currently supports Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and on device media. Other services will be added periodically.
Yes. Spotify only allows premium account holders to connect their app and content to other services like Audio Cardio.
Sleep mode is an option you can turn use to automatically switch off Threshold Sound Conditioning™ after one hour of use.
Exposure to 85 dB or louder may cause hearing loss.
0 dB – Weakest Sound Heard by the Average Ear
60 dB – Normal Conversation
80 dB – Telephone Ring
90 dB – Hair Dryer
96 dB – Tractor
98 dB – Hand Drill
110 dB – Chain Saw
120 dB – Ambulance Siren
140 dB – Jet Engine (take off)
180 dB – Rocket Launch
194 dB – Loudest Possible Tone
*Source from CDC
Slight/Mild Hearing Loss
Will have trouble hearing and understanding soft speech, speech from a distance or against a background noise.
Moderate Hearing Loss
Will have difficulty hearing regular speech, even at a close distance.
Severe Hearing Loss
Will have trouble hearing most conversation speech.
Is likely to only hear very loud speech and loud sounds such as a fire truck siren.
Over 81 dB
Profound Hearing Loss
Will only be able to perceive loud sounds as vibrations.
*Source from World Health Organization
Threshold Sound Conditioning™ uses custom (personalized) sound signals to stimulate the inner ear cells at the barely audible level. Threshold Sound Conditioning was clinically tested with conclusive results with Stanford University, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Samsung Medical Center, Nanjing University and Chung Ang University.
By understanding and determining your threshold of sound (sensitivity), Audio Cardio generates a sound signal at the barely audible level that caters to your specific needs. The custom sound signal is played repeatedly to stimulate your inner ear cells, causing the cells to rapidly fire. This exercises your inner ear cells and promotes the creation of new neural pathways to help you potentially increase your hearing ability.
Yes, Threshold Sound Conditioning™ can be used with or without music. We think of music as water. You can take your vitamins (Threshold Sound Conditioning™) with or without water. It’s based on your preference.
Audio Cardio adjusts your device and measures your threshold of sound to deliver a custom therapy and sound experience.
- Connect your headphones.
- Go to a completely quiet place.
- One at a time, adjust each of the five sliders to the barely audible level for one of your ears.
- One at a time, adjust all five sliders to the barely audible level for your other ear.
- While Threshold Sound Conditioning™ is activated, you should hear a faint sound. When that sound is not longer faint, you should recalibrate your settings to your new levels. This is your personal indicator to adjust your calibration back to your barely audible level. (Go you!)
- Whenever you change your headphones or earbuds.
- Whenever you change your device (tablet or phone).
Each slider represents a range of frequencies. These ranges are key frequencies for speech, communication and music. Move them up and down to the barely audible level to personalize your therapy.
Active EQ™ automatically equalizes the music based on your hearing condition to deliver a completely personalized sound experience. Try listening to your favorite song without Active EQ™, then engage it to HEAR the difference.
Turn on the Active EQ™ button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen displaying the song. Try listening to the song with and without Active EQ™ to really HEAR the difference!
- Hearing Condition
- Targeted Frequencies
- Hearing Condition allows you to track your progress. The full score of 100 indicates great hearing.
- Usage Time shows the amount of time you have spent using Threshold Sound Conditioning™ (TSC).
- Most Used identifies the frequencies you targeted during your therapy.
Yes, headphone or earbuds are required to calibrate, generate and deliver your custom therapy.
Any set is compatible as long as you use the same headphones/earbuds for your calibration and your therapy. Be sure to calibrate your setting any time you change your headphones or device (phone/tablet).
The device volume level should be between 50% to 60%. Be sure to keep the hardware volume the same during calibration and therapy.
Ex: If you volume is set to 60% when calibrating, it should also be set to 60% during activation of Threshold Sound Conditioning™.
You should only adjust the volume control within the Audio Cardio app (on the song display screen). Your device (phone/tablet) volume should remain the same for both calibration and Threshold Sound Conditioning™ (TSC).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Audio Cardio App Tutorial
2. Audio Cardio App Benefits
3. Audio Cardio App
4. Audio Cardio App Walkthrough